Capturing Slide Annotations on Camtasia
Updated: Jan 28, 2021
USB External Microphone
Presentation software of your choice that allows annotations
PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi, and Google Slides allow for slide annotations
Recording on Camtasia
Select "Record" at the top left corner of the window
Screenshot of a close up of the Camtasia window, pointing out the Record button.
3. The TechSmith Camtasia Recorder window will pop-up
Select which computer screen to record; ensure the window you're recording is where your lecture slides are located.
If you would like your video to be captured simultaneously, ensure your webcam is turned on.
Select the microphone you will be using to capture your audio
If you have audio or videos playing in your lecture slides, turn on System Audio
If you are using a pen & tablet to annotate, make sure it is connected to your computer and ready for use
Screenshot of a computer screen displaying the TechSmith Camtasia Recorder window. Behind the aforementioned window is a PowerPoint window.
4. Select Start Recording. A three-second countdown will start before the
Screenshot of a computer screen showing Camtasia three-second countdown.
5. Fullscreen your slides and begin your presentation
Screenshot of PowerPoint Presentation demonstrating live slide annotation.
6. When you're done with your presentation, click on the film icon at the top right of your computer's menu bar and select Stop Recording
Screenshot of cursor hovering over the Stop Recording option in the Camtasia menu located on the taskbar.
7. You'll be redirected to Camtasia where your recording is automatically placed in the Media tab
Screenshot of the Camtasia window showing the final recording located in the Media bin folder.